One of the rules that make programmers better than others is to “not code something that has already been coded let’s see how to convert Java to Python”.
For example, an efficient programmer will not waste time manually sorting a list when python already offers the sort() function.
That being said, many new programmers wonder whether it is possible to convert a code from one language to another. The answer to that question is yes. That being said, it is not as easy as it sounds.
Similarly, is it possible to convert a java code into python? Yes, this has been made possible by a utility that will automatically convert much of Java to Python.
Furthermore, this will save you from converting the whole source code from one language to another, which will also save you time.
Java to Python
The conversion from Java to Python is a straightforward process.
All you need in order for this transformation, or rather a translation. If we won’t call it that way too, to happen smoothly with no hitches along the highway are two things.
A good understanding of how each programming language works and the ability at reading code written by others. Or who may not share those same skills but still have their own ways around problems just like anyone else would do when faced head-on against them!
So what exactly does all this jargon mean anyway?
Let’s break it down into terms understandable even by someone without any experience working within tech fields before getting started themselves.
Convert Java to Python
This article will show you how you can convert your java code into python so without further ado, let us get straight into it.
- The very first step is to download and extract java to python.
- The downloaded file will be in gzip format and its contents will include a tarball file.
- Both are compression schemes and can easily decompress using 7zip.
- Next, place the contents of the java2python folder on the root of your C:\ drive.
- Now, open a terminal window and navigate to “C:\java2python”.
- Type python setup.py install. Doing so will tell the python interpreter to run the setup script and prepare your computer.
- Next, change directories to C:\java2python\bin. Keep this window open.
- Now, copy the java file that you wish to convert into python to your bin subfolder (under java2python).
- In the terminal, run the command j2py -I input_file.java -o output_file.py. Replace the input_file and output_file with the name of your files.
- Open the new python folder and read the translated code. Chances are that the code wouldn’t be perfect so you will have to go through it to make sure everything is correct from python’s point of view.
These steps will help you to convert your java code into the python language. Although you will still have to make some changes manually, it will save you a lot of time and effort.
If you want your java code to be converted to python without any mistakes, the best choice would be to do it manually since automatic conversion generally does not have the appropriate quality, syntax, and so on.
Other than that, converting the libraries of one language to the other is never an easy task.
That being said, if you want to save some time and effort, you can use the utility discussed in this article.
It will help you convert your source code into python, which you can later go through to make sure everything is in a proper format.
Furthermore, if you simply want to use a java library in an application that you want to write in python you could give Python a try.
Read More: How to Conver C++ to Python?