On this page, You will learn how to download Python on Chromebook. Chromebooks are capable of coding and programming tasks. It’s low-cost multiple laptop that’s simple to set up and use. Chrome OS, a Linux-based operating system, is used.
Download Python on Chromebook
Beginners may run into a number of challenges when it comes to installing Python as well as other programs that are required. It will be beneficial to individuals who want to learn how to install Python on a Chromebook.
Steps To Install Python on Chromebook:
It’s simple to run Python on a Chromebook. To get started coding with Python on your Chromebook, simply follow the proper instructions.
- To install Python on a Chromebook, the first and most important step is to update your Google Chrome OS to some of the most recent versions.
- If it has already been upgraded, proceed to the next step.
- Select the Time options as in the menu bar in the bottom-left corner to upgrade your Chrome OS.
- Go to the Settings tab
- To update Chrome OS to the most recent version, click the option About Chrome OS.
- Select Check for Updates from the drop-down menu. It will also bring your Chrome OS up to date.
Install Linux (Beta):
The following step is to set up Linux (beta). This entails the steps below.
- Click the Chromebook’s settings and select the Linux (beta) option.
- Now press the Turn on button.
- From the Linux Beta Option tab, click on the button.
- Just on the settings page, click Next as shown below.
- Installing Linux Beta on a Chromebook
- Now press the Install button.
- In the setup wizard, go to the disc size page.
- It normally takes 10 minutes to complete, or even longer if you have a weak internet connection.
- The Linux port will instantly appear and run next to you after installing.
To see if it’s available on any Chromebook, follow the steps below.
- Create A Shortcut and Just go to Top Menu Icon.
- Use the search bar to look for such a terminal.
- If it appears, it signifies that the Linux (beta) Terminal option inside the setup process was finished installing.
- By clicking on Pinto Shelf.
- You can now add a shortcut to this terminal to your shelf or Main Menu Bar.
- Choose Pin to Shelf Terminal from the drop-down menu.
- It will immediately leap onto the shelf, and you will have easy access to it.
Add Shortcut to The Terminal
- Go to the Top Menu Icon and use the search bar to browse for the terminal. If it appears, it signifies you have installed Linux successfully (beta)
- By clicking on Pinto Shelf, you can now add a shortcut to this terminal to your shelf or Main Menu Bar.
- Choose the Pinto Shelf Terminal option.
- It will immediately leap onto the shelf, and you will have quick access to it.
- On a Chromebook, install or update Apt-Get Manager:
- After you’ve installed Linux on your Chromebook, you’ll need to use Linux commands to install various Linux programmers.
Install Python Program on Chrome OS:
- You’ll need an IDE for Python that best suits your OS to install a Python program.
- To install IDLE3, open a terminal window and type sudo apt-get download idle3. It will take a while.
- In the next step, type sudo apt install python3-pip.
- It will then begin installing Python 3.
- Once downloaded, you may use the same way to add this to your shelf as a shortcut as mentioned above for putting a terminal to the shelf.
Check The Working of Python:
- After you’ve installed Python, make sure it’s working properly on your Chromebook. Try these two simple steps to do so.
- Select the IDLE3 symbol in the Toolbar to test Python’s functionality.
- Type 2+2 now.
- Hooray, you have finally installed Python on your Chromebook if the result is 4.
As you can see, setting up and executing Python on a Chromebook is actually quite simple. To install Python on a Chromebook, simply follow a few simple steps.
We hope you will leave after learning something useful from our comprehensive guide.
Read More: How to Download Files Using Python 3